Why positive, reward-based training
"Positive, reward-based training is scientifically proven to enrich your life and the life of your pet. When you understand the hows and whys of animal behaviour, the reason why positive methods of training are the most effective suddenly become clear. The human animal bond is a powerful thing and it's vital that we all take the time to learn about why our pets behave as they do".
Dr Gaille Perry BVSc, MACVSc (Animal Behaviour), PhD, DipEd, BEdSt, Cert IV in Training and Assessment, CMAVA Leading Veterinary Behaviourist.
Why Study with Delta
- Delta's course will assist you to learn more about positive reinforcement training, the only method which is acknowledged as humane in all circumstances – this is supported by a vast body of research over the last 10 years
- It is the only accredited course to have a Veterinary Behaviourist as an integral staff member and several others as advisors
- Students will have access to the teaching staff to ask questions and advice for the duration of the course
- Kerrie Haynes-Lovell is one of the most respected exponents of positive training in Australia - first in the captive animal area, now in horses, mules and donkeys as well as dogs
- We provide the latest information on health care of dogs and on occupational health and safety issues
- Our training instructors are pet dog trainers - we don't aspire to teach people to train security dogs, obedience champions, detector dogs or to undertake any other specialised training but with the knowledge and practical skills we provide, you can go anywhere
- The course allows you to network with other professional dog trainers from around Australia, New Zealand and south east Asia, learning and sharing thoughts and ideas, creating friends for life
- You are provided with ongoing mentoring and support from your instructors, other Delta trainers and the Delta staff
- Graduates who complete the Certificate IV course can apply to join the Delta Institute which provides support, recognition and accreditation as well as ongoing education and peer support for graduates of our course
- Delta Society Australia and all Delta instructors are totally committed to companion dog training and to enriching relationships between people and their canine friends