Pre-requisites to enrolling in the Certificate IV in Companion Animal Services:
- Attended "Component 1 - Dog Training the Delta Way" seminar
- Successfully completed all assignments in "Component 2 - Responsible Companion Animal Ownership" conducted by Delta
- Attended and successfully completed all practical & written components at the "Component 3 - Introduction to Training Class Management" 6 day workshop conducted by Delta
Experience & abilities
- A physical ability to conduct adult and puppy dog training classes
- A broad range of appropriate interpersonal communication skills
- Sound literacy and numeracy abilities (Year 10 English or equivalent as a minimum)
- Computer literacy (word processing, email and internet skills)
- Access to reasonably fast broadband internet
- An email address
- Access to equipment to enable visual and audio recording of practical assessments (e.g. flash/digital camera, IPhone, video camera)
- Access to video editing software (e.g. Windows Movie Maker etc.) video taping devices and editing programs.
Previous school experiences or the length of time since completing formal education should not be a stumbling block for completion of the Certificate IV in Companion Animal Services.