Component 4: Certificate IV in Companion Animal Services
This is the point where you officially register for the Certificate IV in Companion Animal Services. To register for the course, you must have:
- Attended "Component 1 - Dog Training the Delta Way" seminar
- Successfully completed all assignments in "Component 2 - Responsible Companion Animal Ownership" conducted by Delta
- Attended and successfully completed all practical & written components at the "Component 3 - Introduction to Training Class Management" 6 day workshop conducted by Delta
This part of the course requires substantial input on your part and a great deal of planning. Those who enrol in this option must be able to conduct both puppy and adult training classes and provide private instruction to clients – this is a big commitment so those who have attended Introduction to Training Class Management will have a month to decide whether they wish to continue.
You will complete the following assignments:
- Dog first aid theory
- Occupational Health and Safety in training classes
- Management of training classes
- Private consultation case studies
- Professional Relationships
- Conducting puppy and adult dog training classes
You will also be required to submit videos of classes you conduct to allow us to assess your practical skills and a further video to assess your ability to fit and use training equipment.